Enhancing Learning Grants are back by popular demand! These grants are intended to provide opportunities for a team of teachers to work together on a collaborative inquiry question. The question needs to focus on an element of the redesigned curriculum and how to improve student learning.
Schools are eligible to apply for two types of grants:
- Enhancing Learning Grants
- Modern Language Enhancing Learning Grants – These grants are intended to provide opportunities for a team of teachers to work together on an inquiry question with a focus on language acquisition (French Immersion, English Language Learners, Core French, Spanish, Japanese etc.)
Crafting an Enhancing Learning Grant? Consider the following question starters.
1. What happens when…?
Example: What happens when we provide intensive, side-by-side reading instruction for ELL students?
2. What differences do we notice in… when….?
Example: What differences do we notice in students’ success at school when we explicitly teach & model self-regulation strategies?
3. How does/do…?
Example: How do digital portfolios affect students’ engagement and achievement?
4. What is…?
Example: What is the role of a makerspace in furthering students’ understanding of ADST?
Planning Framework: Collaborative Inquiry
- Click here to make a copy of the Google Doc of the Planning Framework: Collaborative Inquiry
- Click here to download a Microsoft Word document of the Planning Framework: Collaborative Inquiry