ZipGrade turns your phone or tablet into an optical grading machine similar to a Scantron. It reads free-to-download answer sheets in multiple sizes. Provide instant feedback to students by grading exit tickets, quizzes, and formative assessments as soon as they finish. This tool is for teachers looking to update their pen & paper multiple choice testing strategies and move away from costly Scantron sheets. If you would like to try creating digital multiple choice tests and having students complete these on mobile devices, laptops, or Chromebooks, please see our Using Google Forms to make Quizzes tutorial page.
- Download and print free answer sheets
- Install ZipGrade on your iPad or other mobile device (supports both Android and Apple phones)
- Create new quiz and define key
- Scan and grade papers
- Review item analysis and graded papers
- Export PDF or CSV reports
- Use with or without student names and ID numbers
- Internet access not required to create quizzes, scan, and grade.
- Import student rosters (CSV) via ZipGrade Cloud website
- Create answer sheet packs with student names and ID numbers pre-filled
- Multiple marking and scanning options
- Click through item-analysis to groups of students
- Create quizzes of any size– up to 100 questions
Why would you want to try ZipGrade?
- Save significant money compared to the cost of Scantron sheets
- Use your mobile device to grade, faster results than having to go to the Scantron machine.
- See analysis of most commonly mistaken responses, gives more effective feedback to the teacher.
- Free for up to 100 quizzes / month
- $9.99 / year per teacher for unlimited quizzes.
This is a US company with information stored on US servers. Because of this, we can’t include any identifiable student information. If you do setup a class list on the ZipGrade Cloud website or App, do not include information that is specific to each student (i.e. student numbers, first & last name, etc). You can use a first name with initial to identify students or just initials if required.
ZipGrade Getting Started Guide (click here for printable version)