Tech for Learning Summit 2018
November 23 @ 8:00 am - November 24 @ 5:00 pm
On Nov 23 and 24, 2018 School District 61, 62 and 63 are co-hosting, along with the EdTechTeam, a Technology for Learning Summit at Oak Bay High School.
Beyond G-Suite for Education
Historically, the last 3 summits has been branded as the Google Summit, but hosted a variety of sessions beyond using G Suite in the classroom. We are calling the summit this year the Tech for Learning Summit to better represent the learning and workshops offered, and will include using iPads, coding, ePortfolios, and G Suite, etc.
It is a 2-day summit focussed on the meaningful and effective use of technology for learning in the K-12 classroom. The summit includes two keynote presentations, a demo slam competition, and a closing capstone session – plus 2 full days of hands-on workshops led by experiences and knowledgeable educators.
Link for more information about presenters and registration – Victoria Tech for Learning Summit 2018
A few examples of workshop presentations from past Victoria Google Summits:
- Ways of using the GSuite for Education tools in K-12 classrooms – Drive, Docs, slides, and sheets
- Making learning visible using iPads for learning K-3
- Google Maps and Earth Across The curriculum
- FreshGrade and Eportfolios
- Genius Hour and 20% Time
- Flexible spaces and Transforming Libraries
- G Suite, Privacy, and Digital Citizenship
- Why teach failure?
- Sparking Curiosity in the Primary Classroom
- Design Thinking Frameworks for Project based learning
- Asking essential questions and Diving Into Inquiry
- Creating Visual Supports Using G Suite and Assistive Technology
- Using the Read & Write Extension to support all learners
- Using iPads/G Suite to support French Language Learning
- Google Sites for student ePortfolios and self-reflections of core competencies
- First peoples principals of learning in the digital age
- Coding in the curriculum – Scratch, Ozobots, and Spheros
- G Suite for school administrators
- All presentations from 2017 Summit
Before registering, please check your email for a promocode to receive a host price of $250.
If you have a presentation or session you would like to propose, we would love to have you participate. Please click the button below to send us your presentation proposal. If your session proposal is accepted, you are able to attend the summit for free! Presentations are due by Sept. 21st, 2018. Teams of teachers are welcome to present, but only one entrance fee to the summit will be awarded per presentation.